CSci 5302 - Analysis of Numerical Algorithms
Main navigation |
CSci 5302 Spring 2020
Announcements (most recent first)
- 05/04/20: See list of topics for last enhanced homework.
- 04/01/20: See Announcements in Canvas regarding (a) Enhanced Homework due next
Tuesday (April 7), (b) chance to change to S/N, (c) update on office hours.
I also posted excerpts of slides and whiteboard screenshots for some recent
lectures in the
Lecture Notes folder.
- 03/20/20: My office hours on Tuesday may be moved because of an
upgrade on my internet service that day.
- 03/17/20: Update on the organization of the "on-line" delivery of course
- UNITE will not be recording any further lectures.
All lectures will be recorded separately (using zoom) and posted to a separate "Lecture
Videos" module on the canvas website. All previous lectures should still be available.
- Since this is the first time I try to post videos, there may be issues. If you have
trouble accessing the videos, please let me know and I can find an alternate delivery
- The lecture for March 18th has been recorded and posted to Canvas.
It is split into 6 parts of 6 to 10 minutes each.
- Quiz 6 has been posted, based on the March 18th lecture just posted. Please submit
your answers by Thursday through Canvas.
- I have added office hours TTh 10-11am, via zoom (see
"https://canvas.umn.edu/courses/157600/announcements" for details).
- 03/13/20: As you probably know, the U has implemented special plans to
safegaurd against the coronavirus. This means there is no class on Monday 3/16
and all subsequent classes will be only via remote electronic access. You will be
given immediate access to the UNITE videos of the lectures by visiting
and clicking on "LOG IN to UNITE Media Portal". More details on other aspects
of the class will be posted here by Tuesday 3/17.
- 02/20/20: Reminder: Midterm on Monday Feb 24. An sample old midterm was posted at
mid1-16s-practice.pdf, and a list of topics to be covered
is listed in
The exam itself is open book/notes, as long as the material is on paper.
No calculators or electronic devices allowed.
- 02/13/20: Quizzes 2, 3, 4 have been posted to Handouts.
If you have not submitted these already, either on paper in class or
please submit electronically by Friday 2/14/20 for full
- 02/04/20: Homework 2 has been updated (fix error, extend due date).
- 01/31/20: Instructor office hours next week: Mon 2/3 2pm and Wed 2/5 10am.
No TA office hours on Tue 2/11.
- 01/29/20: Homework 2 due Mon Feb 10, has been posted.
- 01/14/20: Important Announcements for the whole class will appear here, most recent first.